Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Blog Sugar

So I went to Blog Sugar this last weekend with my sister and it was FUN! 
Truthfully, she talked me into it. 
I was hesitant because I was unsure if anything would make sense for me and what my blog is about, FOOD. 
Well, duh! The name of the conference had SUGAR in it! ;)
Though the speakers I heard did not talk about food, one focused on photography and showed me some tricks and tips to make my food look appetizing (important for a food blog, right?!). 
The other two speakers talked about finding your niche and just about life...
how to be tactful and stay true to yourself. 
All I heard, I appreciated and learned from and can definitely apply to my food blog and my life. 

And the theme verse for the conference...

Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the Lord is good. 

When I saw that this was the theme verse, I was thinking, "Really? I am truly in the right place!" 

10 comments:

  1. So SO happy you came!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I would have met you, then we could have talked about food all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny that you went to Blog Sugar. Rachel and I have mutual friends through APU, so I've kept up with her on her blog, etc. I have wondered (since she's in Long Beach) if you and/or Tracy know her, are friends with her, etc. Now I know! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know i am so psyched we met and girl, I can't wait to start making some of your recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummed we didn't meet at blog sugar, but glad I found your blog! I will have to check out your recipes...I love cooking/baking also (and post recipes 1-2 times a month)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness I don't think I've ever heard that verse or if I have hadn't paid much attention to it. Really makes you Think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun!! Can't wait till next year!! This was such an amazing event.

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad you went!! i loved meeting you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah! i'm glad you had a great time at blog sugar and felt you were suppose to be there.
    it was a sweet sweet time!

    now i gotta go snoop around here to get some dinner ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. erin, i am thrilled we were able to meet in person ! so happy you two cute sisters came! xoxo

    ReplyDelete