Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sunrise Orange Julius

So I was watching the first episode of the Pioneer Woman on the Food Network and she made these delicious drinks for breakfast in adorable little mason jars and served them to the cowboys (sounds to good to be true!). 
When I saw the drinks, I think called Sunrise Smoothies?, I thought they sounded good and I had some of the ingredients so I would give it a try. 
My attempt reminded me of an Orange Julius and we have had them everyday since! 


Sunrise Orange Julius
adapted from Pioneer Woman

Ingredients 

equal parts of each of the following: 


orange juice 
pineapple juice 
almond milk 
ice (as much as you want)

Directions 

Blend all together in a blender or a bullet. 

Enjoy! 


Sweet Tooth Friday



9 comments:

  1. It's been so long since I have had an orange julius, but they are so good. Now I am craving one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once upon a time an Orange Julius was my most favorite drink and then all of the OJ stands went away where I lived. It has been decades since I've had one. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I am going to be making these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Orange Julius. It is my favorite, and they are so hard to find. Sometimes I take myself all the way over the Main Place Mall just to get one. Quick question though...is the Almond Milk a must? Or can you substitute with nonfat???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look super good! I might just have to try. By the way I miss Orange Julius. Is there one around here still?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This sounds so yummy. It's grocery day and I bet my boys would LOVE these tomorrow at breakfast.

    Thanks so much for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Erin,
    We just love Orange Julius, it is always a winner here at the cottage. Hope you will have a great week and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. kim, the original recipe used whole milk i think so non fat is worth a shot! and no adrian, i think main place is the closest to us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for linking up at Fun For Kids Friday! Your OJ was one of the super stars from last week.

    http://smilemonsters.blogspot.com/2011/09/fun-for-kids-friday_08.html

    Jo @ SmileMonsters

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have all of these ingredients right now. I'm going to try these this week!!!

    ReplyDelete