1. I made my own dough found here
using Whole Wheat flour from Trader Joe's.
It only costs $2.99 at Trader Joe's versus the
wheat flour at the grocery that costs $5.69!
2. I used 2% mozzarella as one of the fillers.
3. I used Hormel Turkey Pepperoni as another filler.
4. I made a pizza sauce (used for dipping)
found here that is super cheap and easy to make!
5. I did not brush olive oil over the top,
I only sprinkled the top with Garlic Bread Seasoning.
I have made this a few times, only once with whole wheat flour. My husband and I both liked it better with the wheat flour. It seemed to add more flavor. However, using the whole wheat flour does take away some of the beauty. It didn't quite look as good when I used the wheat flour, but taste is what counts! Enjoy!
This post is linked to Sharing Sundays.