The crock-pot is a life-saver for me. I found this Ribs in the Crock-pot recipe on a random search through the Campbell's Kitchen website. This is not the healthiest of the recipes I cook, but it is delicious. And every once in awhile a little red meat won't kill you!
6 serving-sized pieces beef short-ribs (this is about 3 lbs but I usually only buy 2)
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
1/4 c. flour
1 can Campbell's French Onion Soup
12 oz. beer or dark ale
1. Place beef in the cooker and coat with sugar, garlic, thyme, and flour.
2. Pour soup and beer over meat.
3. Cook on low for 8-9 hours.
4. Serve with Mashed Potatoes.
I made some homemade mashed potatoes to go along with the ribs and they were delicious and I think pretty healthy. I didn't use any butter and they were still yummy.
2 Russet potatoes peeled and cubed
1. Boil potatoes until soft (about 10 minutes) and drain.
2. Add small amount of milk
3. With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until fluffy. Add more milk if necessary.
4. Add garlic powder to taste.
I served the Ribs and Mashed Potatoes with a side of French-style green beans. Enjoy!