A new recipe that I just tried is originally a Weight Watcher recipe that I changed just a little bit to make it more kid friendly.
2 Tblp. Canola Oil
1 Tblp. flour
8 oz. Whole Grain Pasta
2 cups 2% Sharp Cheddar
2 cups fat-free milk
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add flour and whisk for about a minute.
3. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
4. Bring to a boil for about 2 minutes.
5. Take away from heat and add cheese.
6. Add pasta to cheese sauce and pour it all into a 2 qt. baking dish.
7. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.
I forgot to take a picture but I am guessing you know what macaroni and cheese looks like. This recipe is delicious. It is great as a whole meal with a side salad or is a great side dish next to a piece of chicken. The next time I make this, I plan to put two cut up grilled chicken breasts in the macaroni before I bake it. We will see how that goes.
Though this recipe is an easy and quick one to make, I don't always have the time. So in times of an immediate need for macaroni, I simply rely on a good ol' box of Kraft.