I always use the Pioneer Woman's recipe for pizza dough. Recently I have started using whole-wheat flour and it just wasn't 100% perfect. But this time it was! I followed the Pioneer Woman's recipe, but instead of 4 cups white flour, I used 3 1/2 cups whole-wheat and that did the trick. The dough was not dry, not too moist, rolled out to perfection and tasted delicious!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Ingredients for dough
1 tsp active dry or instant yeast
3 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 cup cooked chicken (boiled, grilled...)
2 cups low-fat mozzarella
1. In a small bowl sprinkle yeast on 1 1/2 cups warm water.
2. In a large bowl combine flour and salt.
3. Slowly add the oil to the flour mixture using a mixer.
4. Slowly add the water mixture to the flour mixture. Mix until well combined.
5. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil in a large bowl and roll the dough around until all sides are oiled.
6. Cover with a damp towel and allow to rise for at least 1 hour.
7. Divide the dough in half. Use half for tonight and freeze the other half (or keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days and use to make breadsticks with spaghetti later in the week!).
8. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees, roll out the dough...
spread on the BBQ sauce...
combine the chicken and cheese and sprinkle on top of the BBQ sauce...
bake for 10-15 minutes or until edges look crisp.
This post is linked to: