Friday, May 13, 2011

Brown Sugar Granola

     I love to make my own granola. It always tastes so much better. I have tried many recipes, some good, some not so good and finally found one that my whole family loves. The original recipes came from Finding Joy in My Kitchen.

Brown Sugar Granola 
recipe adapted from Finding Joy in My Kitchen

Ingredients 

7 cups quick oats 
2 tbsp butter 
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sliced almonds
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions

1. Melt butter, brown sugar and water together in a pan.

2. In a mixing bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, and almonds.

3. Add brown sugar mixture to the oats. Stir until oat mixture is coated.

4. Spread out on a cookie sheet and pop in the oven at 375 for 5 minutes.

5. Remove from oven and flip the granola around a bit, then pop back in the oven for another 5 minutes or so. Keep a close eye on it so it doesn't burn.

6. Allow to cool on cookie sheet before placing in an air-tight container.

7. Eat it with applesauce and dried fruit (another good idea from Finding Joy in My Kitchen)...


use it as a topping for some fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt...


top a vanilla greek yogurt with it...


or, like Abby, eat it all by itself because it is that good!


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment