Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mozzareli

My mom loaned me one of her Recipe magazines and I am loving it! 
We got home late Sunday night so the cupboards were bare but I had some of the ingredients to a Ravioli Lasagna that was in the magazine. I had none of the healthy, fresh ingredients, but used what I had and it was a hit. 
When Abby asked what was in it, I told her Mozzarella and Ravioli and she said, "Mozzareli? What's that?" 
So now instead of Ravioli Lasagna, we will call it Mozzareli! 

Ingredients 



 Directions 

Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9 by 13 pan with non-stick spray (or use two 8 by 8 inch pans, eat one and freeze the other!) 

Boil Ravioli according to package directions (fresh ravioli will work too!). 

While that's cooking, heat up about 12 meatballs in the microwave and then cut them up (each into about 4-5 pieces). 

Drain the ravioli and then add 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, and the meatballs. 
Stir well and pour into prepared pan/s. 

Sprinkle with 1/2 mozzarella and bake for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. 
If you are freezing half eliminate this last step, wait for pasta to cool, cover, label and freeze. Once frozen, bake at 350 for about an hour to an hour and a half.

Serve with a side salad and enjoy!


I was on vacation last weekend and will be again for the next two weekends so my postings will be few and far between. But I am making some yummy desserts and dinners while I am gone and while preparing for the trips so I will be posting those asap! 

I am linking this post to Full Plate Thursdays and Thrifty Thursdays

2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin,
    This looks like a great recipe. I just love all the flavor combination. Hope you are having a great week end and thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    See you soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this all the time. I found it on the back of the ground meat package and they called it Lazy Lasagna so that is what we call it at our house. Everyone loves it, it is a hit !

    ReplyDelete