Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday Night Dessert Night: Candy Popcorn Balls

My original plan was a dessert with apples but the day got the best of me and I didn't have time to make anything. 
We were too busy having fun at the Pumpkin Patch with our cousins. 


How is it possible that not even one kid is looking at the camera? 

Anyway, instead of something with apples, we went with something I saw on Debbie Does Dinner Healthy's Friday Favorites list of yummy links. 
I had some leftover candy from making Monster Mix and I wanted it gone, so this was the perfect thing! 


Candy Popcorn Balls
recipe adapted from A Duck in her Pond

Ingredients 

1 bag popcorn, popped
1 1/2 cups candy corn 
1 cup mini M&Ms 
1 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
1/4 cup butter
non-stick spray 

Directions 

Pop popcorn and set aside. 
Spray a large pot with non-stick spray and melt butter in the pot.
Add marshmallows and stir until butter and mallows combine. 
Add in popcorn and stir to coat. 
Add in candy corn and stir completely. 
Sprinkle with M&M's and only stir a few times (they start to melt, which is fine, but it looks prettier if you can still see some of the candy shell!).
Spread out on parchment paper and separate into 10 or so pieces and roll into balls. 
Eat up! 


I am sharing this recipe with...


1 comment:

  1. I love the combo of salty and sweet. This looks like it would be a big hit here. Can you believe my hubby has never had a popcorn ball? I am a new follower from the Gingerbread blog. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete