Sunday, October 9, 2011

Friday Night Dessert Night: Chocolate Dipped Pumpkin Scones

Honestly, I started this cookie recipe and quickly realized I did not have everything I needed. 
White sugar! Cinnamon!
Who runs out of white sugar?
How was I also out of cinnamon!?! 
So I made some changes and these cookies took on a the role of scone instead. 
We dipped them in some chocolate and enjoyed! 

Chocolate Dipped Pumpkin Scones

Ingredients 

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg 
1/2 cup pumpkin puree 
1/2 tsp vanilla extract 
2 cups flour 
1/2 tsp nutmeg 
1/2 tsp ginger
sprinkle of all spice
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt 
melting chocolates (optional)

Directions 

Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 

In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients and set aside. 

In a large bowl, or a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugar until fluffy. 
Add the egg and mix thoroughly. 
Add pumpkin and vanilla and mix. 

Slowly add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture. 

Scoop out large balls of dough (I used a large cookie scoop) 
and with a damp hand roll the dough into a ball. 
Place them on the cookie sheet two inches apart and flatten tops slightly 
with the back of a spoon (get it a little wet so the dough doesn't stick). 

Bake for about 10 minutes or until light brown on the edges. 


Allow to cool and then prep melting chocolate according to package directions and dip away! 


Abby used the leftover green chocolate and sprinkles from the Monster Mix we made earlier this week. 


We ran out of green so I dipped the rest in melted down chocolate chips

We ate them for dessert but these would make a delicious breakfast too! 

I am sharing this recipe with...







9 comments:

  1. Hi Erin! Thank YOU for linking up with Sweet Treat Saturday! Your scones look delicious. What a great idea to dip them in chocolate! I am dipping mine next time I make them. I hope you have a great start to the new week. Love to YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love the idea of dipping them in chocolate! And don't worry - there's been plenty of times I've gone to bake something and have been out of FLOUR....how does that even happen without me noticing?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love your recipe! Would you come over to Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow and share your tasty recipe with us?
    Thanks
    I hope to see you there!
    http://ladybehindthecurtain.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoah...they sound amazing!

    Chocolate and pumpkin are one of my favorite combos!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the green chocolate with Halloween sprinkles. They're so cute. These look absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I too love the combo of chocolate and pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great! I love pumpkin...a lot! Thanks for sharing at our Seasonal Inspiration party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look awesome! I love pumpkin and chocolate together. Yum!

    ReplyDelete