Sunday, October 30, 2011

Microwave Potato Chips

For a side dish with dinner last week we made microwave potato chips. 
When my husband ate one he said, "I LOVE these!" 
To say he loves them is quite something as the usual comments are as follows:
"We can have this next week." or 
"I am going to have some more."
I know he likes something if he asks for it again or wants seconds, but LOVE! 
These were really tasty and low fat!


Microwave Potato Chips 
adapted from thekitchn.com

What you will need: 

Potatoes (I used Russet) 
Non-stick spray 
Steamer (I used my trusty tupperware steamer)
Microwave

What you will do: 

Peel (or not, your choice) and slice potatoes as thin as you can. 


Spray your steamer with non-stick spray and place potatoes in the steamer, laying them flat, not overlapping. 

Microwave on high for 3 minutes, then microwave on half power for 3 minutes. 

Remove from microwave and flip them over. 

Put back in the microwave for another 3 minutes at half power. 

Sprinkle with salt and serve. 







1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog via Debbi's blog. Love your cooking style! Very similar to mine. I'll be trying out some of your recipes, including this one for the potatoes! That is the neatest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete