Earlier this week Abby and I made these cookies to take with us on vacation. They are so soft and delicious! They reminded me of Christmas (a nice surprise in the middle of spring).
Soft Gingersnap Cookies with White Chocolate Chips
recipe adapted from For the Love of Cooking
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 3/4 cup whole-wheat all-purpose flour
1 1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until creamy. Add molasses, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg. Beat until combined. Add the egg and beat until combined.
3. Add the baking soda and salt to the flour and mix well. Slowly add this to the wet mixture until well combined. Add white chocolate chips and mix well.
4. Scoop the dough into balls and place two inches apart on baking sheets.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with a little sugar, and wait a few minutes to remove them from sheets and place on cooling racks.
6. Eat with a cold glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee!
This recipe is linked to: