Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Quick Breakfasts

     It has always been said by EVERYONE that you cannot skip breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day, it gets your metabolism going, it helps your brain think properly...all things I have said to my 4th grade students and yet sometimes I forget to eat a healthy, fulfilling meal in the morning.
     I find that if I eat a breakfast with a little protein, I stay full longer and get less cranky! To get that protein, I look to peanut butter. Though it does have a lot of fat, eat it in moderation and it is not that bad. A serving is two tablespoons but one tablespoon is more than enough for on a piece of toast.
     With strawberries in abundance right now, most of my breakfasts have involved those delicious berries, but I think all berries are wonderful and will add some flavor to any breakfast.

Some quick breakfast ideas...

Whole Wheat Waffle, PB & Strawberry Sandwich


Toast the waffles, spread about 1 tablespoon peanut butter on one of the waffles, place sliced strawberries on top of peanut butter, place another waffle (this one plain) on top, and eat it like a sandwich. 

French Toast and Fresh Fruit 


Trader Joe's has AMAZING low-fat french toast that is microwavable. Microwave one or two pieces and top it with a ton of berries instead of butter. For an extra treat, pour on a little sugar-free syrup and sprinkle the berries with powdered sugar. 

1 comment:

  1. yummy!
    i love waffles. breakfast has become a favorite meal of mine.

    ReplyDelete