Monday, April 18, 2011

Resurrection Rolls

     Today I made Resurrection Rolls with my fourth grade class. Unfortunately, I have no cute pictures as I was too busy trying to teach and then bake 40 rolls! I thought I would share the recipe and also the lesson that goes along with it. We are going to try this at our house on Easter morning!

Resurrection Rolls 

1 package crescent rolls 
8 marshmallows 
2 Tbsp melted butter 
1 tsp cinnamon 
 1/4 sugar 

*I multiplied this times 5 for my fourth graders! 

Directions 

1. Start with the marshmallow (Jesus). 
2. Dip in butter (oil). 
3. Roll it in cinnamon and sugar (spices). 
4. Wrap the mallow with the crescent roll (linens). Make sure it is tightly sealed! You don't want marshmallow oozing out! 
5. Put in the oven (the tomb) and bake according to the crescent roll package.
6. Talk about how Jesus was in the tomb for 3 days. 
7. Take out the rolls and allow to cool. Meanwhile, explain that when the women went to the tomb on Easter morning, the only thing left in the tomb was the linens.
8. Open the crescent rolls (the linens) and the mallow is gone just like Jesus! 

HE IS RISEN!


1 comment: