Pepperoni Pizza Quick Bread
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
1 1/2 cups low-fat mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Hormel Turkey Pepperoni (cut into halves)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper.
3. Using an electric mixer, slowly add eggs, oil, and buttermilk.
4. Stir in cheeses and pepperonis.
5. In a prepared loaf pan, pour in half of the dough.
6. Using a spoon, put a thin layer of spaghetti sauce on top of the dough.
7. Place the second half of the dough on top of the sauce, sprinkle italian seasonings, and some parmesan on top.
8. Bake for 45-55 minutes (I only baked mine for 35 and it was perfect). Let stand in pan for 30 minutes before removing.
9. Slice and serve with left over spaghetti sauce for dipping.