Friday, June 24, 2011

Homemade Lemonade

This is by no means low calorie but we have never made homemade lemonade before and we have tons of lemons so we thought we should give it a try. 
I am glad we did! 

Best Ever Lemonade 
recipe adapted from Random Thoughts of a Supermom 

Ingredients 

1 3/4 cup sugar 
7 1/2 cups water 
2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice*

Directions 

1. In a small sauce pan combine sugar with one cup water and bring to a boil. 
Sugar will dissolve. 
Allow to cool to room temperature and then put in the fridge until ready to use. 


 2. Meanwhile, squeeze lemon juice out of the lemons. 
We used 8 lemons. 
After squeezing the juice out, run juice through a strainer to get out all the seeds that snuck by! 





3. Combine lemon juice, sugar mixture, and remaining 6 1/2 cups water. 
Stir and serve over ice. 


*The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup more water, 1/2 cup less lemon juice
but I like my lemonade just a little sour!

I'm linking up here...

9 comments:

  1. My kids are young, but still they love freshly squeezed lemonade leaps and bounds more than the powdered stuff. I love the picture of your cute little helper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray! i love lemonade. looks like y'all had fun making it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for lemonade during the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, nothing better than homemade lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think there's anything more refreshing in this world to drink than homemade lemonade. I love it!! Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/06/sweet-indulgences-sunday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. nothing better on a hot summer day
    come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blog! This is a cute post! Nothing better on a hot summer day:)
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what that's amazing!
    look delicious, i'm gonna try it in my place...

    Great pictures, beautiful blog, bless you!!

    ReplyDelete