Sunday, June 5, 2011

Greek Turkey Meatballs and Skinny Tzatziki

When I found this recipe on Skinnytaste.com I knew my family would love it. 
We've had Italian Meatballs, Chinese Style Meatballs, and now Greek Meatballs. Needless to say, any meatball goes over well at our house. :) 

Greek Turkey Meatballs 
recipe adapted from skinnytaste.com

Ingredients 

1.25 pounds ground turkey (93/7)
2 slices whole wheat bread
1/4 cup breadcrumbs 
1 cup grated zucchini (squeezed dry) 
1 large egg 
3 tsp minced garlic (or 3 fresh gloves, minced) 
2 tsp oregano 
1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped) 
salt and pepper 

Directions 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
Wet the wheat bread, pat dry, and crumble into bits. 
Put in a large mixing bowl.


Add all other ingredients and mix well.


Using a 1/4 cup measurer, scoop out 1/4 cup meat mixture at a time and form into balls. 
Place on a cookie sheet (either sprayed with non-stick spray or use parchment paper).


Bake for about 30 minutes.


Makes about 12-14 meatballs depending on how big you make them. 

Skinny Tzatziki
recipe adapted from skinnytaste.com

Ingredients 

8 oz. fat free plain greek yogurt (strained) 
1 cucumber (peeled, seeded, grated and squeezed dry) 
1 tsp minced garlic 
1 tsp lemon juice 
2 tsp dill 
salt and pepper 

Directions 

Prepare the cucumber by peeling and removing seeds.


Grate the cucumber and then squeeze it dry.


Add all other ingredients and mix well. 
Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. 


Serve with warm whole wheat pita! 


 This made a great dinner and even better leftovers!

I'm linking up here...
Melt in Your Mouth Monday
Mangia Mondays
Make a Food-e-Friend
Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays
A Little Birdie Told Me
DIY Thrifty Thursday
Feasting in Fellowship Fridays



2 comments:

  1. YUM! I will for sure have to try this sometime! I love new dinner recipes! Thanks for sharing! It looks delicious!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wonderful set of healthy and flavorful recipes! While it would be wrong of me to blame some of my favorite food blogs for making me "pleasantly-plump", I have no qualms about thanking you personally for doing the opposite: inspiring me with delicious recipes to help me eat more healthily and to get back on the road toward a thinner physique!

    Thank you so much for linking up to "A Little Birdie Told Me..." at Rook No. 17!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete