Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Turkey Burger Ring

So this delicious recipe is big. By this I mean, it can feed quite a few people, but it also makes good leftovers so you can make it for your family and then enjoy it again the next day for lunch.
When I first saw it, I thought it would be great for some kind of party but we had to try it out first to make sure it was good...and it is! 

Turkey Burger Ring 
recipe adapted from Jam Hands

Ingredients

1 pound ground turkey
1/4 cup diced onion  
1/4 cup ketchup 
1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar 
2 packages reduced fat crescent rolls 
lettuce 
tomato 

Directions 

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and cook turkey and onion in a frying pan until browned. 


2. Add about 3/4 cup of the cheese and ketchup to the meat. Stir well. 


3. Arrange crescent rolls like below. Abby thought this was great because it looks like a sun! 


4. Spread turkey mixture on the circle and then fold pointed edges toward the middle of the circle. 


5. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. 


6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. 


7. For a party, I would have filled the center of the ring with lettuce and tomato. 
But, my family liking their burgers plain as can be, I served it as is and made a side salad instead. 


This post is linked to: 

5 comments:

  1. This looks so good. Please come over to my link party and share some of your tasty recipes with us at Cast Party Wednesday. http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Gosh this looks great, and I have everything in the house to make it for dinner tomorrow, thanks for sharing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy this sounds awesome!! Visiting from Polka Dots on Parade linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your yummy recipe with us at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you come back and visit us tomorrow.
    Thanks again.
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete