So this delicious recipe is big. By this I mean, it can feed quite a few people, but it also makes good leftovers so you can make it for your family and then enjoy it again the next day for lunch.
When I first saw it, I thought it would be great for some kind of party but we had to try it out first to make sure it was good...and it is!
Turkey Burger Ring
recipe adapted from Jam Hands
1 pound ground turkey
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup ketchup
1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar
2 packages reduced fat crescent rolls
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and cook turkey and onion in a frying pan until browned.
2. Add about 3/4 cup of the cheese and ketchup to the meat. Stir well.
3. Arrange crescent rolls like below. Abby thought this was great because it looks like a sun!
4. Spread turkey mixture on the circle and then fold pointed edges toward the middle of the circle.
5. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
7. For a party, I would have filled the center of the ring with lettuce and tomato.
But, my family liking their burgers plain as can be, I served it as is and made a side salad instead.
This post is linked to: