1 pound ground turkey
1 bottle mild taco sauce
1 packet taco seasoning
3/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups 2% cheddar cheese (or mexican blend)
12 hard taco shells
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Brown turkey and drain excess fat.
3. Add taco sauce, taco seasoning and water to the turkey and let simmer for about 5 minutes or until thickened.
4. Meanwhile, crunch up 6 taco shells and lay them in the bottom of a 9 by 13 pan.
5. Pour half of meat mixture on top of shells.
6. Sprinkle about 3/4 cup cheese on top of meat mixture and repeat steps 4-6 one more time.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
8. While that's cooking, cut up lettuce, tomato, and avocado for toppings.
*Serves 8, but I cut the dish into 10 pieces and it is still enough! Give yourself a hefty portion of the veggies on top!
|Right out of the pan|
|With all the toppings!|